Saturday, May 21, 2011

I'm Still Here - Are you?

So today at 6 PM the world was supposed to end. Well it's about 8:10 PM an I'm still here. Are you?

People crack me up with this end of the world stuff. Apparently more of them should read Matthew 24:36 -- you know, that verse that says no one, NOT EVEN THE ANGELS know when Jesus is supposed to return. Don't get me wrong, it's not something anyone should take lightly and we should all be trying to live our lives accordingly (including me) so when that time comes we are all ready, but obviously, we can't predict when it's gonna happen.

It's situations like this that I can't help but believe Jesus has to have a sense of humor. No offense to anyone, but I can just see him up in heaven laughing at all the people who were freaking out really believing the world was about to be over.

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." -- Matthew 24:36, New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment