Friday, May 13, 2011

Being a Mom

I LOVE being a mom.

Crazy, right? Me, the girl who swore she’d never have kids enjoys being a mom to not one but THREE children. It’s weird how a baby can change things for you I guess.

I was always career driven and I guess maybe a little selfish in a way. I wanted it all. The bigger, better things in life. The big house, the fancy cars and clothes, the high paying job. I was well on my way in that direction when I began having children and suddenly things changed.

There’s nothing wrong with having big dreams – I still do, but having children opened my eyes to the fact that there were a lot of things in my life I took for granted.  Quickly I learned my priorites were way off and that it wasn’t all about me all the time anymore and that the things in life that held real value couldn’t be found in a boutique. I learned just how much I took for granted my own mom – and how I suddenly began to see her in a whole new light when I became a mom – strange, but true.

There’s something about these 3 little children that I can’t describe. The way each of them has wrapped their tiny little hands around my heart. From Noah telling me I am “Prettiful” to Memphis blowing me kisses and bringing me flowers, to Miley’s sweet little toothless smile, I never thought in a million years I would enjoy doing or being something as I have being a mom.  

Everyday is a new experience with them and it’s so much fun to watch them discover things for the first time. True there are times when they really get at my nerves but at the end of the day when they are sleeping so sweetly in their beds, I am reminded of why it was all so worth it. This is truly the best job anyone could ask for – and the most difficult!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I still have huge dreams for my life, and there are things such as houses, etc that I plan on getting one day, but I have just slowed down a little to enjoy the things that really matter in this world and I am learning the true meaning of love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment