Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, Dreams Come True


When I was a kid, I remember being slightly obsessed with cameras. My Grandmother had an old school flash 35 mm camera and I would constantly beg her to let me use it. I think over time she got tired of me asking, because one year for my birthday she bought me a hot pink camera. It was love at first sight.
I carried it everywhere, photographed everything, and between her and my parents, I feel quite sure they got tired of paying for my film rolls to be developed. 

Eventually, I lost the camera and transitioned to using those disposable cameras for a while, but then the digital camera was invented. I was in the 12th grade when my father purchased their first digital camera. I remember taking it to the homecoming game and any other place I could get my hands on it and take it with me.

As I grew older, I kind of lost time to focus on photographing the world, but I never ever lost interest in it. It has always been something close to my heart, and I think that I see the world in a way that others don't. I don't mean that the least bit negative, but seriously, I think I do. Colors, scenery, children, buildings - life in general, I think I see in a different light than most. I cannot tell you the times I was out riding around selling insurance and would think "Oooh that would make an awesome photograph!."

With all that being said, I am beyond excited to FINALLY be able to see my dreams come true and launch my photography buisness this year. I have so many ideas in mind, I can't wait to jump in and get started. Furthermore, I couldn't be happier to see the increase in likes on my Facebook page, the continuous increase in a customer base and I have some super adorable models to help showcase my talent.

With that being said, I think it's obvious my resolution is to grow my business this year, but no worries, I'll share my others with you as well:

2. (Because, well I just gave a detailed description of number 1) Get in shape, get fit.
3. Grow in my walk with God, become more active in my church
4. More arts & crafts time with my kids 
5.  Go fishing more often
6. Take better care of my skin, my hair and my overall self
7. Be a better person

Thank you all for your continued support! It's gonna be a GREAT year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment