Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Holiday Magic

Christmas is definitely my favorite time year. Christmas itself is a magical time. The lights, the trees, the holiday baking, the ornaments, the presents and one of my favorite parts the church services and all the traditional Christmas songs. I love the crisp cold air at Christmas time and the fires, the cuddling, and the family time that comes with it. It's like no other time of year.  
 
Now that I have small children it's become even more enjoyable. They are beyond excited about Santa's arrival, the tree and they too enjoy the music (however, their favorite Christmas song at the moment is Alvin and the Chimpmunks "Christmas Don't Be Late." - the orignal version).
 
So how exciting is it that I, a photography student, get to take some photos for a class project at Christmas? Pretty exciting if you ask me!
 
 My classes are so much fun. I love my instructors, my classmates, all the different software, the techniques I'm learning. I'm turning into a photography nerd I guess! Furthermore, I'm slowly building a customer base outside of my classes, and I've landed a job taking photos of newborn babies at the local hospitals. I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and I made mention of the fact that there is no greater feeling in this world than to see a lifelong dream slowly become a reality.
 
Below are 2 of my favorite shots I've taken with bokeh that capture a little of what Christmas is to me. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment