Sunday, September 9, 2012

29 years down

Friday marked my 29th birthday. It was probably the best birthday I've ever had hands down. It started that morning with a company wide e-mail annoucning my promotion from Assistant Unit Manager to Unit Manager, continued with an awesome lunch with a great friend, and concluded with an evening with my husband and kids at which point I was asked to wear a giant sombrero, and was sung to for the first time ever in a resturant. Oh and I cannot fail to tell you that when I walked in the door after work that afternoon, I came home to find my house was decked out in Princess decorations and my 3 sweet little babies came running out of nowhere screaming "SURPRISE!" Following our dinner, we came home for cake and presents. I racked up on jewlery, clothes and some pretty sweet Jessica Simpson heels I've been wanting for quite sometime.

Throughtout the day I was bombarded with texts, facebook posts, emails, phonecalls, and cards from friends and extended family members wishing me well on my birthday and sending me their love. I cannot begin to tell you how much it meant to me and how loved and special it made me feel.


It was awesome to have a stress free day. It made me happier than I've been in a really long time and I don't think I stopped smiling the entire day.

I'm looking forward to Monday as I begin my career as a Unit Manager. I feel like this will be a huge step forward for me and I'm excited about the changes that are about to take place. Unfortunately Johnny leaves tomorrow for a month for work, but we will be right here to celebrate his big 3-0 when he returns!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment