Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy Early Birthday Memphis Grey!


Since Johnny and I have been living together it has been a struggle it seems. We scrounged together money for birthdays, Christmases and did everything in our power to make it as unobvious as possible to our kids that we were struggling. There were times we pawned items, counted all the coins we could possibly find, sacrificed our own birthdays and Christmases for them. I mean we did virtually whatever we could to make it happen. Our kids are our world.

2012 marked a new beginning. Johnny and I have both been blessed with incredible jobs, and we have both managed to grow and move up in those jobs. We've slowly seen the rewards of it, and this weekend proved to be one of those moments we will remember forever.

For the first time ever, we took Memphis into Geofferys to the power wheels asile and told him he could have whatever car he picked out for his birthday. I've never seen him so excited. I nearly lost it myself. Finally we have come full circle and again I owe it to God. We have been blessed in so many ways lately. I know I have said that a million times, but it is incredible at all the blessings we've recieved. We are so grateful for it all and for all we've gained over the past few months.

Needless to say, Memphis loves his gift, and we will celebrate his 3rd birthday later in the month. His actual birthday is March 19th and we will celebrate the Saturday following.  

Below are a few other photos from our Spring so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment