Friday, November 18, 2011

Surgery - Success!

Wednesday was D-Day for surgery. I was, as you can imagine, nervous, scared and happy to get it over with. I had set the alarm for 3:30 that morning only I forgot to actually set the alarm so we woke up at 4:30 and had to be at the hospital by 5:45.

Anyway, we got there before the bad weather hit, got checked in and in no time they had me in a room and even more amazing I was back in the surgery holding within 20 minutes of being taken to a room. The surgery started at 8:00 and was over sometime between 10:30-11:00.

The doctor said he found a lot of endometriosis, fibroids and adhesions but thankfully no signs of cancer. So after spending a night in the hospital I'm at home in my own bed.

I'm sore and I left the hospital with an upper respiratory infection, but he hooked me up with some good antibiotics and a breathing treatment so I won't be struggling fighting it combined with recovering from surgery. Other than that, I'm doing pretty good. It's hard to move around and it's really weird how it literally feels like there is something missing inside of me (I guess because there really is) but at the same time I can already feel a difference in how I feel overall despite the soreness.

Anyway, the doctor says as long as I stay off my feet as much as possible, rest, avoid housework, lifting, bending, cooking, shopping and driving that he will let me return to work within a week and half and that will be with the understanding that I am still supposed to restrict the amount of time on my feet, driving, etc.

Thanks to all of you who sent me texts, messaged me, prayed for me, called me, sent me a card, visited me in the hospital and have helped take care of me post-op.  It means a lot!!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment