Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Standing Strong


The past 3 years have been quite difficult to say the least. Complicated pregnancies, financial strain, cancer scares, medical problems of the most unusual kind, job losses. You name it, we probably suffered through it. I can't tell you the nights I found myself face down in the floor crying out to God for help. Had it not been for a handful of people carrying me through, sticking by my side and reminding me day after day after day to have faith, there's no way I would've ever made it this far.

Through all the heartache I've suffered lately, the one thing I have learned is that people can take away your job, your money, your most prized posessions - but as long as you have faith, as long as you are willing to stand up and fight for what's rightfully yours (happiness), then you will ALWAYS ALWAYS make it out to the other side smiling.

Furthermore, when you make it to the other side and all seems bright and shiny, be prepared because people are going to try to bring you down. Jealousy is an evil creature. People love to see those who are making it to the top fall flat on their face so they are not alone in their negativity.

As I was "venting" to someone earlier about many of the things in life that have me stressed, that person gave me some really good advice. They told me that in the end, other people can't control how I react to things such as jealousy, negativity, or gossip. But I can. I can choose to let them walk all over me and give up, or I can fight back, push my way through and continue to rise to the top. Have faith in myself that I can do it and I can make it and I WILL be okay.

Take a leap of faith on yourself everyday. Don't settle for anything less than your best. The results will absolutely amaze you and leave those doubting you speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment