Sunday, January 15, 2012

There she is....

One of my fondest childhood memories was of me in my bedroom pretending to be Miss America. I had the wave down pat. My life's ambition was to be Miss America. I had the fake cry planned out and everything. Unfortunately, as I got older and the kids got meaner, I lost myself confidence and decided I wasn't good enough to accomplish such a title.

This got me thinking. It's a shame at how hateful and cruel girls can be. That's probably why I've always found it easier to make male friends over females. Some girls seem o think that's impossible for some reason and that you can't possibly befriend a guy without having some hidden motive, but one of the best friends I ever had was a guy. He was like a brother to me and I miss him daily.

I don't get why girls feel the need to stab each other in the back to get ahead in life. Why they must put each other down. As a kid I was made fun of for my red hair and freckles. As I got older, my weight. Some of my classmates in highschool referred to me as "Ape" and even said I looked like a man.

There have been many days when I wished that I could have them take a walk in my brain and feel the emotional scars they have left on me. They damaged me. I have the worst self image of anyone you've ever seen and the worst eating habits of anyone (seriously, I've been known to go days without eating) and it's all thanks to bullying and the cruel spirits of some spoiled little girls.

Miley will definitely have red hair. I hope that I can teach her to be stronger than I was and stand up to girls like the ones I've described above. I hope and pray she never experiences the torture I experienced in school. I hope she's stronger than me, more conifident than me, and bolder than me.

Instead of tearing each other down, we need to build each other up. We live in a culture where the media portays the ideal woman as a trashy bimbo. As another one of my favorite bloggers blogged the other night, what happened to classiness? And what happened to respect for one another and supporting each other?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment