Saturday, December 3, 2011

Life Lesson for the Day

If you haven't checked out Tyler Perry's "A Madea Christmas," you should. It's really good. It is a play, but it's really good. Tyler Perry to me, is a brilliant individual. I am a huge fan of him, and I love all of the Madea movies and plays. They are hysterical, but at the same time they always have a great message worked into them. One of these messages really impacted me late last night.

As I was watching this Christmas play, there came a scene where Madea and a few other women were sitting on a couch discussing jealousy and how they didn't understand why people just couldn't be encouraging to each other instead of tearing them down all the time. Madea made a comment that has stuck with me and I wanted to share with all of you because I think it it something that we should all take to heart. The comment was that God has given us all special talents and we are all here for a reason. Instead of tearing one another down or being jealous of the other's talent, go out and do your talent to the best of your ability and be proud and supportive of the person that may happen to do something better than you because maybe that is why they were placed on this earth.

It may sound silly, but I thought it was a true statement and real words of wisdom. Words we should all strive to live by.

That is my life lesson for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment