Saturday, November 13, 2010

Not sure how to title it...

So I've spent this past week being sick. It started off with me thinking it was extreme morning sickness, only that was odd since I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have had very little morning sickness up to this point but when the Zofran failed to work, I went to see my doc anyway. He too assumed it must be morning sickness and figured I had built up an immunity to morning sickness and switched me back over to phenogran. This didn't work either, and after 2 additonal visits to my doc, he admitted me to the hospital and hooked me up to an IV and began running tests.

In the middle of all this testing, he came in at one point and asked me if I had experienced any heartburn during this pregnancy. Well, of course I had, but I assumed that was just part of being pregnant -- would you believe it's actually not a good thing if you are having it frequently?! Turns out my 5 to 6 times a day of heartburn was  what as making me so sick. In fact, he thinks I probably have a heital hernia that I never even knew I had and was just made worse by pregnancy --- so after 3 days in the hospital and almost 5 of being sick I was sent home with heartburn meds, a new script for Zofran (the dissolvable kind) and feeling much better. The only other thing that was discovered during my stay is that I'm anemic.

I'm feeling a lot better now but I have to stay on a more bland diet until Miley's arrival to keep me from getting so sick.

The one bonus in having problems and having to go to the hospital (not that I was happy about all the additonal problems) is I got more ultrasounds and more pictures of Miley.

So now, I'm focused on finishing Christmas shopping, possibly putting my tree up next week and working on Miss Miley's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment